Attorney Jennifer L. Thompson graduated from the University of Tennessee with her Bachelor of Science in 1986. Following her passion for law, she earned her Juris Doctorate, cum laude and with honors at the University of Tennessee. Her law firm is located in Nashville, TN, where she practices law in all Tennessee state courts and Tennessee federal courts. Jennifer L. Thompson practices criminal law, family law, litigation and juvenile law. The Law Office of Jennifer L. Thompson is well known for its aggressive representation, integrity and track record of success. When you step into the Law Office of Attorney Jennifer L. Thompson, expect to meet a legal pro with effective solutions and a human touch.
Criminal Law: Attorney Jennifer L. Thompson
Attorney Jennifer L. Thompson has effectively handled a wide variety of criminal cases, including violent felonies, white collar crimes, misdemeanors and even juvenile crimes. Her goal is to achieve the best outcome. Successes have included dismissal of charges, plea bargain, parole instead of jail time and reduced sentencing. Attorney Jennifer L. Thompson takes the time to develop a strong defense strategy on behalf of her clients. She is experienced in crime scene investigation, taking witness statements, speaking with law enforcement and evaluating evidence, such as ballistic reports and DNA tests. When charges are dropped or if there’s no plea bargain, she’s a powerful litigator in the courtroom. Attorney Jennifer L. Thompson has everything ready, including exhibits, experts and witnesses for the defense.
Family Law: The Law Office of Jennifer L. Thompson
While battling out family-related issues in the courtroom is always an option, there are non-adversarial methods that are less costly, time consuming and contentious than going to court. Attorney Jennifer L. Thompson is a strong advocate of mediation and collaborative divorce. Mediation entails a series of meetings led by a neutral third party. This facilitator helps couples identify and resolve issues. Attorney Jennifer L. Thompson helps clients prepare for mediation meetings and acts as a legal coach throughout the process. And in collaborative divorce, she works closely with the other party’s attorney to resolve issues, such as asset distribution, child custody and child visitation. Whether it’s divorce or custody issues, it’s an emotional time. Attorney Jennifer L. Thompson is a compassionate attorney who works in the best interests of the family.
- University of Tennessee, Bachelor of Science, 1986
- University of Tennessee, Doctor of Jurisprudence, cum laude, and with honors, 1996
- Tennessee State Bar (1996)
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee (1997)
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit (2003)
- Sole Practitioner, 1998 – present;
- Associate, Blackburn, Slobey, Freeman & Happell, September 1997-June 1998;
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Gary R. Wade, Tennessee Court of Criminal Appeals, August 1996 – August 1997;
- Computer Programmer, Provident Life and Accident Insurance Company, 1987 – 1993;
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Board of Directors, (2006 – 2012); Life Member, (2004 – present);
- American Bar Association, Criminal Justice Section ,Defense Function Services Committee, Co-Chairman, (2008 – 2011), Vice-Chairman, (2007 – 2008); Solo and Small Firm Committee, Co-Chairman, (2011-2012)
- Member, American Bar Association Criminal Justice Section (2006 – present);
- Member, American Bar Association Family Law Section (2007 – present);
- Member, American Bar Association GP Solo Section (2007 – present);
- Criminal Justice Act panel attorney for the Middle District of Tennessee (2002 – present);
- Board of Directors, Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (2005 – 2008), Chairman, Ethics Committee (2004 – 2005), Life Member (2008 – present);
- Nashville Bar Association Federal Court Committee (2001 – present);
- State and Federal Criminal Defense practice, with an emphasis in the areas of sexual crimes, drug crimes, and white collar defense; family law and child custody.